You can submit films for the 20th Indian Film Festival Stuttgart 2023 if the following criteria are met.
Submission deadline for feature, short and documentary films is 31st of March. Submission deadline for TVCs is 30th of April.
1. We show feature films, short films (up to 30 minutes), documentaries, animated films and TV commercials. Submitted films should fall into one of these categories.
2. Films screened at the Festival must either be produced in India or have a reference to India.
3. Submitted films must be available as DCP, HD file or Blu-Ray Disc.
4. Submitted films should not have been screened commercially before July 19, 2023.
5. They must be in their original language with German or English subtitles.
6. They should have been produced in 2022 or 2023. The Programme Committee reserves the right to occasionally accept films from 2021.
Selection / Nomination
All submitted films will be viewed and evaluated by the Festival Programme Committee. They choose the films that will be shown at the festival. In a second step, the Committee nominates the films that will take part in the competition.
From these nominees, the jury of the respective section then chooses the winning film.
Each film submitted will receive feedback by the end of June 2023 as to whether it will be shown at the festival and whether it will take part in the competition as well.